Lt. Col. Th. Gopal Singh Badnore
Date of Birth:
12 May 1948
Place of Birth:
Badnore, Distt. Bhilwara (Rajasthan)
Schooling at Mayo College Ajmer, B.A. (Hons.) Business Management A.S.C.I. Hyderabad
Farmer, Political and Social Worker, Educationist
Punjab Raj Bhavan, Sector-6, Chandigarh 0172-2740608, 2740609, 2740610
- 1977-80, 1985-90, 1993-98 and 1998-99 Member of Rajasthan Legislative Assembly
- 1999-2004 Member, Thirteenth Lok Sabha
- 2004-2009 Member, Fourteenth Lok Sabha
- 2010-2016 Member of Rajya Sabha
- 1999-2000 Member, Committee on Energy and Defence and Coverner of its Sub-Committee on Action Taken Report 2001.
- Coverner, Sub-Committee on Electricity Bill, 2001
- Coverner, Sub-Committee on Nuclear Energy 2001-2002
- Member, Joint Parliamentary Committee on Stock Market Scam 2001-2003
- Member, Consultative Committee for the Ministry of External Affairs Member
- National Advisory Committee,
- NCC Member, Library Committee Member, National Tourism Board 2004-2009 Committee on Energy Member,
- National Tiger Conservation Authority July 2010
- Member, Consultative Committee for the Ministry of Environments and Forests May 2012-Sept. 2014
- Member, Committee on Petitions Aug. 2010-Aug. 2011 and Aug. 2012- May 2014
- Member, Committee on Energy Oct. 2012- May 2014
- Member, Joint Parliamentary Committee on Security in Parliament House Complex June 2014
- Nominated to the top Panel of Vice- Chairman, Rajya Sabha Aug. 2014
- Onwards Member, General Purposes Committee Sept. 2014
- Onwards Chairman, House Committee Member,
- Consultative Committee for the Ministry of Defence Dec. 2014-Feb. 2015
- Chairman, Select Committee of Rajya Sabha on the Payment and Settlement Systems (Amendment) Bill, 22014-2015.
- Member, Select Committee of Rajya Sabha on the Coal Mines (Special provisions) Bill, 2015.
Jaimal Vansh Prakash (History of Badnore (Mewar) and Mertiya Rathore), 2013 Social and Cultural Activities: Environment, wild life photography and vintage cars Literary, Artistic and Scientific Accomplishments and other
Special Interests Sports, Clubs, Favorite:
Swimming Participated at the National School level swimming competition.
Pastimes and Recreation:
Member (i) Delhi Golf Club (ii) Delhi Gymkhana Club (iii) Bombay Gymkhana Club, Mumbai
Countries Visited: Widely Travelled Member
- Indian Delegation to Commonwealth Parliamentary Association, Canada, 1994 and 2004.
- Indian Delegation to China (2001), Nigeria Senegal South Africa (2002), U.K., U.S.A., (2003), Japan (2004)
- Indian Parliamentary Delegation of South Asia Free Media Association (SAFMA) to Pakistan (2003)
- Delegation of Parliamentary Network of World Bank (PNOWB) to Greece, Finland, Switzerland, Japan (2004)
- Delegation to the 7th Yale Parliamentary Leadership Programme in USA, 2013.
- Chairman, Special Task Force to rehabilitate tigers in Sariska (Rajasthan), Government of Rajasthan, 2005-09
- Empowered Committee of Forests & Wild life Management in Rajasthan and
- Mayoor Chopasni School Committee, 2012- 2015; Member
- National Advisory Committee on Tourism, 2002-2003
- Wild life Preservation Board, Rajasthan for the last 20 years.
- Steering Committee, “Project Tiger” Board of Governors, Mayo College, Ajmer since 1985.
- Collaboration Committee of Mayo College General Council; Vice-President, Bhartiya Janata party, Rajasthan, 1989-90 and 2001-2010
- Mayoor School, Abu Dhabi Since 2013 Founder Member and Executive Member, Indo British Parliamentary Forum; 2003-2004; CoChair of the Indo-US Parliamentary Forum; Worked in London (UK) in New Caxton Encyclopedia in 1970; Worked in Escorts Ltd. (India) in the Management Cadre, 1970-77 and 1980-81; Founder Member/ Vice President
- Mayoor Abu Dhabi School, 2012-13
- Mayoor Chopasni, Jodhpur, 2012-2013 and
- Mayoor School, Raipur, 2012-2013 and
- Jan. 2015- Participated in UNFPA-IAPPD Conference at Bangkok.
- Sep. 2015- Attended Climate Change & renewable energy Conference of Parliamentarians at London, U.K.
- Oct. 2015- Leader of 5 Members MP’s delegation to Japan for furthering bilateral relationship sponsored by Sasakawa Peace foundation, Japan. 5
On August 22, 2016- Took over as the Governor of Punjab and Administrator of U.T. Chandigarh.
Email : [email protected]
Address : Punjab Raj Bhavan, Sector 6,
Chandigarh – 160019, India
Former Administrator List
|1||Bhairab Datt Pandey||14-Mar-85||14-Nov-85|
|–||Hokishe Sema (Addl. charge)||14-Nov-85||26-Nov-85|
|2||Shankar Dayal Sharma||26-Nov-85||2-Apr-86|
|3||Siddharta Shankar Ray||2-Apr-86||8-Dec-89|
|6||Om Prakash Malhotra||18-Dec-90||7-Aug-91|
|8||Sudhakar Panditrao Kurdukar||10-Jul-94||18-Sep-94|
|9||B. K. N. Chhibber||18-Sep-94||27-Nov-99|
|10||J. F. R. Jacob||27-Nov-99||8-May-03|
|11||Om Prakash Verma||8-May-03||3-Nov-04|
|–||Akhlaqur Rahman Kidwai (Addl. charge)||3-Nov-04||16-Nov-04|
|12||Sunith Francis Rodrigues||16-Nov-04||22-Jan-10|
|–||Kaptan Singh Solanki (Addl. charge)||21-Jan-15||22-Aug-16|
|14||V. P. Singh Badnore||22-Aug-16||Incumbent|